Saturday, March 1, 2008

#2, August 2005

My Dad is at work in CA so my therapist, Ron, wants me to walk to him when he gets back so I will have some work to do. But its so hard and tiring. Every day I have therapy where I go down stairs to go to my speech therapist, Paul, to work on learning to talk again. They say I will be able to talk normal pretty soon after I get talking. I guess its "cerebellar mutism," whatever that means. Then I go to the gym. They put me on this stepping machine thing to get me used to the walking motion again. I remember everything. Like I remember how to walk and all the words, but I just can't get my body to balance on my feet and my mouth to say the words. I still haven't figured this whole "coma" thing out yet.
They put me on this machine thing where you lay down and you're kind of crunched. Then you use your legs to push yourself up so your extended. It's supposed to strengthen your legs but it just made me throw up. I don't know, I think it was the motion or something. Gross, huh? Ron better not do that to me again!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Bree,
Thanks for sharing what you went through. It helps me understand more. You said it is a struggle and I hope that your struggle gets smaller and smaller each day. Thanks again for shedding light on this.