Sunday, March 9, 2008

#9 August 2005

I moved into my new room! It's got a queen sized bed plus this other twin sized bed that Eddie gets to sleep on. He's been moving up in the world: at first it was the floor, and then a cot, now he's got a real bed. Yesterday my occupational therapist had me do my own laundry (which is funny because my occupation is NOT to do laundry) which I totally remembered, so it was easy.

The only problem is that I was hoping this new room would mean they would try to make it like home as much as possible and stop going to the bathroom with me and showering me. It is so very awkward. They go into the bathroom with me and they say "ok honey, now pull down your britches!" Ok, first off, I don't have britches. Also, if they really want to walk me into the bathroom, that is fine, but then get out! Have they not heard of performance anxiety?? And then someone always showers with me. It's usually my occupational therapist. Again, showering is not my occupation. My sister, mom, and cousins have all showered with me. At first, they were right, I would have had a hard time showering myself. But now I'm just fine. Then again, this whole experience has been embarrassing. I have no dignity left. I asked Eddie if I farted while I was in a coma, he said yes, but he said they were "cute farts." What does that mean?


People saw me like this.

With my stuffed animal holding up my tube.

No comments: