Sunday, March 2, 2008

#3 August 2005

I learned to talk finally! My first words were to my hot fiancee, Eddie, the day of his birthday. When he was leaving for work (he sleeps in my room on a cot because my parents always want someone with me) I told him I love him. Cute, huh? The good thing about re-learning to walk and talk and stuff is that it makes for some really cute stories.

Being wheelchaired/walking with lots of support from nurses, we went to the hospital gift shop. The hospital gave me $20 to buy something for Eddie for his birthday. From the first second I walked in there I knew Eddie wouldn't want anything from there. It was just a typical tacky hospital gift shop. Or hospital "gift shoppe," if you will. So I just opted to get him a card and some balloons. The card is the ugliest thing ever but I was so tired standing I just took the first one I saw.

When Eddie got home from work I was so happy to see him and I even tried to steady my hand enough to put make up on for him for his birthday. He said I was so cute! He better think I'm cute, he asked me to marry him!
I wasn't with it and I was pretty tired, but from what I hear my Mom made him a cake out of brisket with frosting covering it. He said that he tried to cut it, but it was pretty tough, so he was thinking that my mom made the hardest cake ever. But then he discovered in was a big piece of meat, with the plastic bag and all. A while ago I told my mom that Eddie says he'd rather have a brisket than an actual cake. He's weird; he doesn't like sweet stuff.

3 comments:

i'm jefra... said...

so good to see you last night!!

here you go - in honor of your new blog --

http://jefralinn.typepad.com/its_the_little_things/2008/03/bree.html

Jessica W said...

This was such a sweet post, I got goosebumps. I look forward to reading everything. I think you're amazing Bree.

guitargeebie said...

Breanne is my niece, and she and Eddie are two of my greatest heroes. I'm sorry I don't live closer so that we may visit and enjoy each other more often.

Breanne and Eddie have shown that faith, courage, love, and persistence are the greatest powers on earth.

Breanne describes her successes and challenges here, but I want her to know that in spite of her struggles, to me she is still 100% Breanne. Eddie, thanks for loving my niece so completely. The fact is I always feel better about myself after visiting with Bree and Eddie, they are that special.