Friday, February 29, 2008

This Blog

I was kicked in the head by a horse on July 7th of 2005. I went into a coma and I didn't wake up for a month. While I was in the coma, I had part of my cerebellum removed. To make it even better, I got kicked when I was 5 weeks from getting married. So, needless to say, I didn't get married on my original date. I had to put it off for a year so I could re-learn to walk, talk, read, write, eat, and everything else one does.
So here I am. I'm going to start recording my thoughts starting with when I woke up. I'll remember this even less in another year or 20 so I'm going to write it down now. I'm going to let people know what its like to have a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and let other survivors know that they are not alone with their struggles. And it is a struggle.

3 comments:

Cort said...

Bree-
Thanks for doing a blog. Nobody has commented on your postings yet so I figured I would. What a bunch of hosers. Your blog is way more interesting than most other blogs people comment on, like finding books and Ferraris at garage sales and stuff. Anyway, it's really interesting to hear what was/is going through that traumatically injured brain of yours, especially when you just came out of the coma. What an experience. Anyway, I'll check back daily.

Nat and Dave said...

I randomly came across your blog and have read every entry. I love it. Thank you for sharing your experience and being so honest. It was so interesting to read and hear about your journey. I will look forward to more entries! Thank you for being so strong and setting an example to everyone who knows you and reads your story!

Me said...

Wow, amazing blog.

You two are freakin rock stars.

My sis did a little feature on you if you didn't know about it. It's on sheblogssheblogs.blogspot.com